I was helping Edna begin to downsize today and she mentioned that she has a lot of zucchini at present. Normally she makes a healthy ratatouille with eggplant and tomatoes and we talked about the best ways to use it up with out becoming boring or spoiling.
Zucchini is very good for you and contains vitamin c, potassium and magnesium so here are our top 5 ideas for you to use now.
1. To make hamburgers moist as well as lower the calories in your burger while getting your daily intake of veggies add 1 ½ cups finely shredded zucchini to 1lb of ground meat.
2. Grate raw into a salad or sandwich.
3. Slice into rounds and sauté in olive oil until golden, mix with angel hair or spaghettini pasta for a super quick meal.
4. Slice lengthwise, brush with olive oil and BBQ until cooked. Serve with fresh herbs.
5. Slice lengthwise, brush with olive oil, dust with Parmesan cheese and black pepper. Bake at 350F/180C until cheese is golden and zucchini is tender.