At this time of the year it is hard to air out rooms, so to freshen up naturally use these tips.
1. In any room use your favourite essential oil wiped lightly on the underside of your furniture (not on any material or you will have a stain).
2. Leave scented soaps in opened packages in your linen closet, wardrobes and chests of drawers containing clothing.
3. In any closet hang a pine cone painted with essential oil. Place some of the cones in a pretty bowl and place on a coffee table.
4. Keep citrus peel and add to a saucepan of water and simmer gently. Good as a humidifier in a dry house.
5. Using a zester or sharp knife cut, and dry citrus peel completely. You can also use dried herbs such as lavender and rosemary too. Place in small cloth bags or small pieces of muslin or remnants of material tied up with a ribbon
6. Use the dried citrus zest/peel to fragrance a real fire.