|Some of the brass window hardware getting a paint stripping bath.|
- Work in your yard or garden, as this stuff is strong, don’t use it indoors unless well ventilated, if you can take it outside.
- Use really tough thick rubber gloves as paint stripper will burn
- Use safety goggles or glasses that you can see through, I use an old pair of sunglasses that are almost clear.
- Using aluminium sheets from a roll that I use for cooking, place in a large metal container, I used a paint tray
- Add hardware to be stripped.
- Add paint stripper and leave for 20 minutes to soften.
- Remove paint with fine wire wool.
- Using an old metal coffee can and a little washing up liquid wash and rinse well.
- Use a product like Brasso to polish and clean.
I found very thick coats of green, pink, white and cream paint. I had to repeat as not all the paint was was removed.